Problems with samba version 2.0.3

Ali Faiez taha aftaha at cirp.usp.br
Thu Sep 9 22:42:36 GMT 1999

Dear Friends

I'm already installed the Linux RedHat 6.0 on my PC.
The SAMBA version is 2.0.3

When I try to restart the smb and nmbd, using this command :
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart;/etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap restart

the resulsts are :
Shutting down SMB services:                            [FAILED]
Shutting down NMB services:                           [  OK  ]
Starting SMB services:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting NMB services:                                       [  OK  ]
Stopping portmap services:                                [  OK  ]
Starting portmapper:                                           [  OK  ]

An when I try to verify the smbclient using :
smbclient -L arenito

there are not any answer.

My file /etc/inetd.conf have the following lines into :

netbios-ssn stream tcp  nowait  root    /usr/sbin/smbd         smbd
netbios-ns dgram udp    wait    root    /usr/sbin/nmbd          nmbd

What I need to solve this problem ?

Thanks for any help

--
Ali Faiez Taha