LinuxBox can't appear in Net neighbourhood.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Oct 30 03:07:42 GMT 1999

>I've tried "net view /workgroup=MY_LINUXBOX_DOMAIN",still can't see.
                                ^
                                ^
This was a colon, wasn't it?---/

Do a tail -f log.nmb, and watch as you reboot. See how long it takes for
your Linux box to win a browser election and tell you it's the browser for
the subnet. Until that happens you won't see it in Network Neighborhood.

Of course, make sure:

os level=65  (unless you want something else to win the browser election)
local master=yes
preferred master=yes

And of course, the easiest way of all is to make sure you have the same
workgroup on the server as on the clients.

Steve Litt