SMBMount and backup application

Paul L. Lussier plussier at ne.arris-i.com
Fri Oct 29 18:26:44 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:49:04 +1000
"Nate Keegan" said:

>I would like some advice. I am considering the best way to restructure my
>backup scheme on my NT network.

I highly recommend AMANDA.  It works great as a network backup utility, and
with Samba installed on the system, can use smbclient/smbtar to perform
backups of NT and Windows based systems.  It is designed to be a network
backup system for your entire enterprise, and is incredibly scalable.  It can
back up as little or as much as you want, and it does the backup scheduling
for you (i.e. no more figuring out which day you should do a level 0 or one of
the 9  incrememtal levels :)

Check it out at http://www.amanda.org

Hope that helps!
--