Samba 2.0.5 on SCO Open Server 5.0.5

Malcolm Burtt malcolm at eurogen.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 16:37:29 GMT 1999

Does anybody have a working smb.conf for Samba 2.0.5a that I could look
at?

I have just moved to 2.0.5 from 1.9.16p11 and I'm experiencing two
significant problems.

1. Many documents (E.g. Word) that we open show as Read only even though
the share is writeable and the permissions on the Unix file are
read/write for the guest account (the share is set to guest only and
guest ok).

2. Sometimes when reading a Word document we get an error saying that
the network connection has been lost.

Currently I'm using Samba binaries that came from the SCO Skunkware web
site, so its possible that there might be a problem with them, I
suppose. I intend building a set of binaries for myself, but any other
hints would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Malcolm Burtt
Senior Analyst