Fax Serving

Charles Lewis lewisc at swau.edu
Fri Oct 29 15:15:12 GMT 1999

> I have successfully set up a samba server for file & print sharing. What
I'm
> not sure about is how to set up a fax server. Has anyone tried to do this?

> What all do you have to do, or maybe you could just point me in the right
> direction.

> but under NT platform.  If samba can, then no reason to do NT server.

Thanks to Ken Smith for the link for Respond.

I bought a Sams book on samba by Gerald Carter & Richard Sharpe that also
pointed me to HylaFAX: www.vix.com/hylafax and
mgetty+sendfax: ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/Serial/mgetty+sendfax

I haven't had the time to evaluate these solutions yet due to some pressing
responsibilities, but I'm looking forward to providing this kind of
functionality for the university.

Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
(817)556-4720  lewisc at swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952