Gigabit LANs?

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Oct 28 05:35:31 GMT 1999

Quite the opposite. Lousy throughput with NE2000's (and mucho compatibility
problems as well) and excellent results with 3c509 and 3c905s. I long-ago
went over to CAT-5 (RJ-45) cable and have since dumped all of those slow
cards for a complete switched 100baseTX LAN. (8-port NetGear 100baseTX FDX
switches are now ~$178US at Fry's, tres cool).

Now, does anyone know which Gigabit card works best with Linux?