Samba running but stops working? Then no work after restart?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Oct 27 02:17:17 GMT 1999

Support wrote:

> I have no idea what would cause this,  but having
> concern about the open processes after a sambs.sh stop I
> set a deadtime in the smb.conf thining perhaps these
> open connections are causing a resource problem in samba.

Usually you can just kill -9 the processes and then
restart Samba.  Have not come across a situation
where it required a reboot to clear the processes
out of memory.  Is this what you are saying happened?

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )