semaphores and Solaris 7 8/99

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Oct 25 13:09:33 GMT 1999

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Kevin Van Der Hart wrote:

> I just installed the 8/99 release of Solaris 7 on three Sun Ultra 10's and
> it seems to have broken Samba. I am running Samba 2.0.5a and it works fine
> on an Ultra 10 running the 5/99 release of Solaris 7. All of the Ultra 10's
> are using the 64 bit kernel.

	I haven't tried the 8/99 Solaris CDs, but the problems
	you describe sound like something I should be interesed in...

	Can you email me with truss -f output from starting samba?
	We  can get into increasing detail (sotruss, apptrace) later.

--dave (who used to work on the Sun ABI team) c-b
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com