How to find out who is the LOCAL master ???

John LeMay jlemay at njmc.com
Sun Oct 24 17:01:27 GMT 1999

Two utils exist in the ntreskit for this. The first is a gui tool called
browmon.exe. The second is a console util called browstat.exe. I've
personally never had luck with browstat, but browmon seems to work well.

Another NT related tip if you are running wins - look for the entry in
the WINS DB with the "1bh" indicator - that's the master browser. As I
recall, a NBTSTAT -a <machinename> will also show an entry for
"..__MSBROWSE__." on the browser machine.

--
John J. LeMay Jr.
NJMC, LLC.