Problems with 3Com 3c905b

Johann Zuschlag jozuschlag at online.de
Sat Oct 23 16:18:00 GMT 1999

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:33:37 +1000, samba at samba.org wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have problems with samba 2.0.5a amd my 3com 3c905b in 100 mbit mode:
>writing performance: about 7,5 MB/s (ide hdd !!)

That's pretty high! Seems you're using a switch.
I just get 3,5 MB/s in both directions using 905b NIC's and a hub,
+-100kb, usually reading is slightly higher than writing.
(my clients are slow and I still use 1.19.P8)

>reading performance: about 0,2 MB/s (I can't explain !!)

1. You could have some kind of network problem.

2. Maybe you implemented to many protocols in Win. Just use TCP/IP.

Q. Is it just one client accessing one file or a multiple client environment?

Please supply some additional information
like the versions of your Samba and underlying Unix.

>Can anybody help me ? Is there a spezial option that can help me ?
>

>Thank you all

Johann Zuschlag
jozuschlag at online.de