Passwords

Nuno Miguel Neves nneves at di.fc.ul.pt
Fri Oct 22 14:23:16 GMT 1999

I am trying to login in Windows 98 using plaintext passwords into a Linux
samba server.
I've already changed the windows registry, and am able to connect for some
users.
However, with same passwords (the ones with "funny" characters like
!"#$%&/()=) or with some upper and lower case mixtures, it just doesn't
work! If the user changes its password in the linux box, it all works fine!
Can someone help me?

--
                  nneves at di.fc.ul.pt    Dept. Informatica, Fac. Ciencias,
|\ |    |\ |      Tel: +351 1 7500058   Univ. Lisboa, Bloco C5, Campo Grande