cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Oct 19 12:46:38 GMT 1999
Daniel Nilsson wrote:
> Does anyone know what SMBtconX is?
> It fails when i try to see my shares.....
The SMB command for "Tree Connect". It is the point at
which you actually connect to the share. In user mode
security, there are three basic steps to connect to a share
with respect to SMB
- Negotiate the protocol to use between the client and server
- User validation in the Session setup
- Actually mounting the share using a tree connection
Possible reasons for failing would be
* the share you are trying to connect to
does not actually exist. Check your spelling
and syntax in smb.conf
* permissions on the share (or the file level)
do not allow you to access it
Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter
Engineering Network Services Auburn University
jerry at eng.auburn.edu http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/cartegw
"...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
- Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )
More information about the samba