Problem with sticky bit and free space

Cristiano Reis Monteiro cristmon at ufba.br
Mon Oct 18 14:51:05 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have two little problems with samba:

1st.

Samba is not setting the sticky bit anymore !!!

I have a share that look like this:

[publico]
	comment = Arquivos publicos
	path = /home/publicos
	public = yes
	writable = yes
	force directory mode = 1777
	create mask = 0664

With samba 1.9.x it was ok, the directories was being created with the
correct permission (drwxrwxrwt), but since I instaled Samba 2.0.3 I
couldn't make it work again, every new directory is created with
drwxrwxrwx, I've tried nearly every possible configuration unsuccesfully.
I've upgraded to 2.0.5a too, which couldn't solve my problem :( What is
going wrong ?

2nd.

Samba is not showing the correct free space !!!

I have quota enabled (about 50 Mb for each user) and with Samba 2.0.3
when a user ask (from a windows client) for the properties of a mapped
share, the user see the correct information (Capacity, free space, etc)
related with his, or her, quota; but with Samba 2.0.5a what the user see
is: Capacity: 1.99GB, Free space: 1.99GB, Used: 0

I've compiled both versions the same way, with the same configuration
parameters, I've tried with and without the experimental quota suport, etc

What I'm doing wrong ?

By the way, my system is a Linux box (2.2.12), libc5 (slack).

Thanks in advance.

- Cristiano

   /^\__/\
  /'     , :    "Conhecimento nao e' crime !"
 ~   < o   o
 /   ,      \   cristmon at ufba.br
  (  `- ..__"   Estudante de Ciencias da Computacao - UFBa
     '  /'      http://www.netforward.com/thepentagon/?cristmon
                PGP public key available by WWW and on request.

     /"\
     \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
      X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     / \