ACCESS mdb on Samba

Ramon B. Nemo rbnemo at ln.bayantel.com.ph
Mon Oct 18 00:16:08 GMT 1999

hello there.  I posted a message like this last week.  I still got no answer
though.  Am I alone in this samba community?

Anyways, I have samba working on my openlinux 2.3.  I had it up and running
(smbd /nmbd).  I successfully mapped the shared resource from a win95 box.  I
started my vb program that gets data from an MS Access mdb file.  The program
did went on adding new records, deleting and appending.  But when I connect
through my other win95 box, I get this error;

Cannot lock file, file is exclusively opened.

So I turned off the first win95box and tried connecting again.  The same error
occurred.  Tried adding max connection string to smb.conf, but to no avail.

Why is this so?  Is it the Access database or my Samba?

help. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

mon