smbtar

Ivan Ivanyi clepto at clepto.com
Fri Oct 15 10:37:24 GMT 1999

Hi,
    We've got several new machines (all exactly identical) and for the
installations I was hoping to use smbtar (samba 205a) to back up one and

restore to
the others. The backup has gone fine and the restore is currently
running on the second machine. I have 2 questions basically.
1- is win95 going to screw up and refuse restores of files such as the
registry ?
2- the backup of about 2Gb took less than an hour but the restore has
taken all night and is still going (I figure it's now at about 90% after

15 hours, any ideas on this?