samba shared client lib needs LGPL

wayne roberts wroberts1 at cx983858-b.orng1.occa.home.com
Fri Oct 15 04:04:43 GMT 1999

I have repackaged the client support functionality in samba to support
applications requiring access to smb servers.  It is a shared library
built using automake & libtool.  It builds samba's smbclient utility
linked against the shared library for test.

The perpose is to use in gnome virtual filesystem.  It is currently used
statically linked into midnight commander when configure'd --with-samba.

The code is unmodified, only repackaged.  This message is posted because
it needs LGPL to legally use it.  location:

wget http://members.home.com/wroberts1/libsamba.tgz

There is outated smblib, but my package uses 2.0.5a code, and automake
and libtool for portable library building.