bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

Brian Servis servis at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 13 16:53:50 GMT 1999

I can't figure out what is causing the error message of

[1999/10/13 11:39:42, 0] lib/util_sock.c:open_socket_in(671)
  bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

in my logs and thus preventing smbd from serving up connections.

How can I track down what is causing this?  Samba has been working great
and now I must have done something but I don't know what.  The only
network service that I have added and since removed is squid.

Samba 2.0.3
Linux w/ kernel 2.2.12

Thanks,

Brian Servis