Strange...

Reimond Rombey reimond at rombey.de
Tue Oct 12 10:47:34 GMT 1999

Hi!

Samba 2.0.5a, SuSE Linux 6.2, VMware 1.0.3.

Strange:
I develop Websites with Dreamweaver2. All Files (html, images etc.)
are mounted on E:. E: is a smbmounted linux directory.
When a file is open within dreamweaver and I open this file with IE4,
Netscape 4.6 or Opera3.6, dreamweaver will reload this file because it
has been modified!

What are the browsers doing?

How can I prevent this senseless behaviour?
IMHO it has something to do with access and modification time.

Here is my config:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
   # from nexus.rombey.de (192.168.0.3)
   # Date: 1999/10/12 12:45:30

   # Global parameters
   [global]
           workgroup = ATELIER
           netbios name = NEXUS
           server string = Nexus SMB Server (Samba 2.0.5a)
           interfaces = 192.168.0.3/255.255.255.0
           encrypt passwords = Yes
           update encrypted = Yes
           min passwd length = 3
           passwd chat = *altes*Passwort* %o\n *neues*Passwort* %n\n
*neues*Passwort* %n\n *gewechselt*
           log level = 3
           log file = /var/log/samba.%m
           os level = 65
           preferred master = Yes
           domain master = Yes
           hosts allow = localhost, 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
           hide dot files = No
           dos filetimes = Yes
           dos filetime resolution = Yes

   [projekte]
           comment = HTML Projekte
           path = /home/reimond/html
           valid users = reimond, paul, administrator
           read list = reimond, paul, administrator
           write list = reimond
           force user = reimond
           force group = users
           create mask = 0644

   [windows]
           comment = Futter für die eNTen
           path = /home/reimond/windows
           valid users = reimond, paul, administrator
           read list = reimond, paul, administrator
           write list = reimond
           force user = reimond
           force group = users
           create mask = 0770
           directory mask = 0770

   [public]
           comment = Sammelbehälter
           path = /home/reimond/public
           valid users = reimond, paul, administrator
           read list = reimond, paul, administrator
           write list = reimond, paul, administrator
           force user = reimond
           force group = users
           create mask = 0644

   [info]
           comment = Info zum Lesen
           path = /home/reimond/info
           valid users = reimond, paul, administrator
           read list = reimond, paul, administrator
           write list = reimond, administrator
           force user = reimond
           force group = users
           create mask = 0770
           directory mask = 0770

   [printer]
           comment = Drucker
           path = /tmp
           print ok = Yes

Regards,
Reimond
--
Reimond Rombey, Burg 37, D-79733 Görwihl
http://www.rombey.de - rombey website design