Character set, and macintosh filename

Akos Szabo fonya at gyurma.dspnet.hu
Fri Oct 8 15:18:55 GMT 1999

Hello!

I need a little help: I have a Linux file server with Mac, PC and NT clients.
The MAC can generate strange filenames with special characters in it, for
example letters from the hungarian alphabet, maybe ISO8859-2. Letters like
 "/", "\" are also permitted. "~" is also a problem, the MAC file
"files~~~~name.ps" becomes truncated to 8.3 when checked from a PC. I tried
the mangled and valid chars options, but they are either not solutions for
my case or I use them wrong.
The software are RedHat 6.0, netatalk-asun-2.1.3, and samba-2.0.5a.

Any help would be appreciated,

Szabo Akos