Samba and ClearCase

Evans Simon-sjevans1 Simon.Evans at motorola.com
Fri Oct 8 10:55:14 GMT 1999

Jeremy,

That sounds like a very good idea :-)

We're using a HP D390 UNIX server (HP-UX 10.20) with about 100 UNIX clients.
We're in the process of migrating the same number of users to NT Clearcase.
We're currently using Samba V.2.0.3 with plans to move to V.2.0.5a (if this
version works).

The Syntax TAS SMB server doesn't work on HP-UX 10.20 only HP-UX 11.x.
If you want to use a SMB solution on HP-UX 10.20 then Samba is the only
option.

If you require any more information please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Evans		EDA/Apps/Sys Support Engineer
Motorola ECID,		Tel +44 1793 565232
16 Euro Way,		Pager 0839 421984
Blaegrove, Swindon,	Fax +44 1793 565419
England, SN5 8YQ	Mob 0802 652354