SMBTAR problem

Frans Stekelenburg f.stekelenburg at acriter.com
Fri Oct 8 08:20:14 GMT 1999

Steve thanks for answering, especially in your condition:-)

I _do_ understand you perfectly. But what you describe is not the case
here, in fact on purpose I redirect 2>/dev/null as well.

I reckon it's the fact that in the tar sequence, just like the one you
give, one adds the 'B' option on both sides especially in networked copy
operations.

    thus  ' tar cBf - * | (cd /foo/bar; tar xBf -)'

smbtar (or I should say smbclient) doesn't seem to support it.

Frans

--

Kind Regards / Vriendelijke Groeten,

Frans Stekelenburg,  gjs at acriter.com

Acriter, Intranet Facility Services (IFS)
Postbus 320, 3990 GC  Houten, the Netherlands  *  Bezoek/Visit:
Kokermolen 6, 3994 DH
Phone: +31 (0)30 6344010   Fax: 6444011  *  For Information:
info at acriter.com