Cannot remove Printjob from Queue (Digest 2244)

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Oct 7 14:59:24 GMT 1999

At 08:10 PM 10/07/1999 +1000, Frans Stekelenburg wrote:
>Michael Koehler wrote:
>
>> > So I hope you would like to share the tips, in return I could try to
be of assitance
>> > as well.
>>
>> Nice,
>> I have additional questions to solve the problem:
>> are there possibilities to trace the lprm command passing from
NT-->Samba-->Unix?
>> and with wich user the lprm command will be performed on the Unix-box?

You can find out your lprm command like this:

testparm | grep -i lprm

To verify that testparm is being accurate, you can hardcode that into your
smb.conf like this:

lprm command = cancel %p-%j

Then, to insert a testpoint to determine the effective user, do this:

lprm command = echo "U=%U, G=%G, u=%u, g=%g" > lprmtest.txt

Start a big print job from Windows, then cancel it. I believe that should
do it.

Steve Litt