Mounting a remote samba server with Windows 98

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Thu Oct 7 00:23:33 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I have successfully setup Samba as a domain master on my lan.  My Windows
machines can connect and login to it fine.  My question is is it possible
for a remote Windows box to login to a samba server using unicast rather
than broadcast.  The machine I want to authenticate is not on the same
network as the Samba server and therefore cannot reach it's broadcast
address.  If so, how do you tell Windows to login to a specific IP address?

Sorry if this is answered if a FAQ somewhere.

Best regards,
Shane

Shane Wegner: shane at cm.nu
Personal website: http://www.cm.nu/~shane	Fax: (604) 930-0529
PGP: keyid:       2048/1C0FFA59			ICQ UIN: 120000
     Fingerprint: C6 5F B3 85 0B 11 30 F3
                  52 89 0C 6C 49 08 94 7B