Help with "configure" options (compile)

kenneth topp caught at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 5 21:53:00 GMT 1999

Specifically build host and target are for "cross compiling", which
is building a binary for a platform other then the platform you are
compiling on.  IE: building samba for a sparc solaris machine from a intel
linux machine.  Not something you'd want to do.  You're compilers aren't
setup for this most likely.  This would be building a binary for a
platform that cannot "host" the compilers (ie: embeded platforms).

Sorry for the off-topic, but i'm sure it's valuable to some.

kenneth