SAMBA digest 2258

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Oct 4 14:24:57 GMT 1999

"Venkatesh, Muthukrishnan M2 (CONTRACTOR)"
>        <VENKATM2#sesrcx1.src.se.bp.com> wrote:

>  Can Samba ( OpenVMS)  map to a WinNT Shared service so that it will
>  appear as a VMS logical ( we know "smbclient" able to connect to a
>  WinNT shared as "interactive" session , which work like FTP)   .
>  I want to work with  the VMS logical, for example
>
> $COPY abc.doc  SRC$NTSHARE:*.*
>
>  which will copy the VMS document to the logical (through samba onto NT
> share disk).

There are no known versions of SMBMOUNT or equivalent that have been ported
to OpenVMS.  This would be a significant project.

The information for the OpenVMS port can be found at

http://ifn03.ifn.ing.tu-bs.de/ifn/sonst/samba-vms.html

There is also a mailing list specifically for that port.

A more recent, but experimental and entirely unsupported version can be
found at

ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/wb8tyw/

-John