PLEASE help with printing problem

Matthew Vanecek mev0003 at unt.edu
Fri Oct 1 23:06:21 GMT 1999

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> >There's got to be a reason why "The parameter is incorrect".  Is there a
> >way to find this out?
> The problem is that you simply changed a printer (hardware) and printing
> stop working, so it's difficult to say what it's wrong in software,
> maybe some printcap filter, but I don't use them so I don't know.
>
> --
> giulioo at tiscalinet.it

So are you saying there is absolutely positively 1005% NO way to
intercept/sniff the parameters that NT print jobs are passing to samba,
and to map those parameters to the macros samba is expecting, and
finding out which one is incorrect?  Or to trace the whole thing as it
occurs, and see where samba barfs on what it receives from NT, or
whatever?  That seems hard to believe to me.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis