PLEASE help with printing problem

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Fri Oct 1 08:50:37 GMT 1999

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:26:44 +1000, hai scritto:

>> As the last resort you can print using nt tcp/ip printing.

>As in, "net use yada yada"?  That's how I have it now, with one of the
>printer defs captured to lpt1.  But that only lets me use one of the
>definitions.  What about if I want to use one of the others?
No, I mean that nt can print, using lpr, directly to the lpd daemon of
linux/unix, so instead of
nt --> samba --> lpd --> printer
you would use
nt --> lpd --> printer
You can enable tcp/ip printing by going control panel, network,
services; then, when you set up a printer, specify a tcpip port for that
printer.

>There's got to be a reason why "The parameter is incorrect".  Is there a
>way to find this out?
The problem is that you simply changed a printer (hardware) and printing
stop working, so it's difficult to say what it's wrong in software,
maybe some printcap filter, but I don't use them so I don't know.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it