Compiling SAMBA 2.0.5a on HP-UX 11

Ulairi ulairi at jps.net
Fri Oct 1 06:21:36 GMT 1999

Trying to run ./configure and after a while of chugging along, I get
this:

checking for four-argument statfs (AIX-3.2.5, SVR3)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.fsize member (4.4BSD and
NetBSD)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

system details:
uname -a: HP-UX kb B.11.00 A 9000/819 71641391 two-user license

gcc -v: Reading specs from
/opt/cecs/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00/2.8.1/specs
gcc version 2.8.1

command issued:
./configure --prefix=/home/users1/stf/ulairi/samba-2.0.5a

I could paste in the full run of the configure script, with a lot of
"no" as it checked for files, but I'd rather not do that unless someone
requests it.

				General Purpose Computer Geek
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---|
| California State University, Northridge    | ulairi at jps.net
|
| College of Engineering and Computer Science| ulairi at ecs.csun.edu
|
| 18111 Nordhoff St, Post Stop 8295          | ntadmin at ecs.csun.edu
|
| Northridge, CA 91330                       | secadmin at ecs.csun.edu

-----|

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result
of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every
victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the
enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle... This is the
importance of knowledge"
                                            San Tzu, The Art of War.
[6th century. B.C.E.]