win98/samba problems

Gerry Doris gdoris at home.com
Tue Nov 30 23:51:57 GMT 1999

Don/Jerry, I would like to thank you for your help.

Thanks to you and some others I was able to track this sucker down and get it
working.  The problem was in network setup on the win98 box.  I have two nic's
in the system and it appears the binding was not correct between the cards.
The win98 box was listening on port 139 alright but it was refusing to provide
shares.

I blew away (again!) the network setup and (again!) redid but very, very
carefully this time...and it worked!!!!

BTW, I get mail from this list in a digest form.  How can I change this to real
time.  I work better in real time instead of batch!!!

E-Mail: Gerry Doris <gdoris at home.com>
Date: 30-Nov-99
Time: 18:41:29

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer