Windows 2000 Beta 3 and Samba

James Nord nord at cdt.luth.se
Mon Nov 29 11:38:32 GMT 1999

is this not in the FAQ yet?

In 2k (RC1,2 & 3(?))

Control Panel -> Admin tools -> Local Security Policy
Select Local Policies - Security Options
"Send Unencrypted Passwords to third party SMB servers" -> Enabled

Was broken in B3 RC1 (not sure about B3) and then you have to manually
edit the registry,
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkStation\Parameters
"enableplaintextpassword" = 1 (DWord)

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams