Help me too! Password Authentication Failure

Alvin Dulcan dulcana at hermes.ssd.loral.com
Tue Nov 23 23:28:39 GMT 1999

I have a similar problem to Giulio Orsero.
I have failure messages in the log files, but I actually have samba mapping
failures.  A PC will map every day for two weeks  properly and then not connect.
Fifteen minutes later, it will connect.  Any suggestions?

Alvin

----------
Giulio Orsero <giulioo at tiscalinet.it>
7)
I have 2.0.6-PDC and a 2.0.6-domain-member of the 1st pdc.
Authentication works ok, the domain member has an empty smbpasswd file.
When I connect to my homeshare on the domain member I get

[1999/11/16 17:25:06, 1] smbd/password.c:pass_check_smb(505)
  Couldn't find user 'go' in smb_passwd file.
[1999/11/16 17:25:06, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection(535)
  go (10.0.0.173) connect to service go as user go (uid=105, gid=100)
(pid 21278)

I don't understand why it logs that it can't find "go" in smbpasswd
since the primary auth source is the pdc which gives ok to my
userid/password pair. It shouldn't look at the smbpasswd file at all if
the pdc is there, should it?
I mean: all is ok, but the log says something that could be interpreted
as a problem. I routinely grep the logs for anomalies and these are
false positives.^C