WHATS NEW IN Samba 2.0.6

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Sat Nov 20 16:03:04 GMT 1999

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:44:33 +0000, hai scritto:

>Thanks for the suggestion to ass --with-smbmount to the configure.
>Unfortunately it does not compile, on either my Redhat5.2 or Debian
>1.3.1 systems.

AFAIK (I'm 99% sure) for kernel 2.0.x you need the smbmount included in
the "old" smbfs package.

==
Title:          smbfs
Version:        2.0.1
Entered-date:   15. January 1997
                Windows for Workgroups, Lan Manager, Windows NT
                or compatible systems running tcp/ip.
Author:         engstadt at funcom.com (Paal-Kr. Engstad)
                lendecke at math.uni-goettingen.de (Volker Lendecke)
Maintained-by:  lendecke at math.uni-goettingen.de (Volker Lendecke)
Primary-site:   ftp.gwdg.de /pub/linux/misc/smbfs
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/filesystems/smbfs
                  ~21k smbfs-2.0.1.tgz
                   ~1k smbfs-2.0.1.lsm
Copying-policy: GPL
===

For kernel 2.2.x, and only for kernel 2.2.x, you need the smbmount
included in samba-2.0.x.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it