2.0.6: HUP/charset/profiles/smbmount/logging

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Nov 17 19:43:57 GMT 1999

Hi Giulioo,

I found another thing that's either a problem or a feature. As of SWAT
2.0.6, a user/group not able to write smb.conf cannot see its shares,
globals or printers because he doesn't have those three navigation buttons.
This bug or feature can be reverted by moving three statements in swat.c
function static show_main_buttons(). Moving these three statements:

image_link("Globals", "globals", "images/globals.gif");
image_link("Shares", "shares", "images/shares.gif");
image_link("Printers", "printers", "images/printers.gif");

out of if (have_write_access) and into if (have_read_access) right below it
reverts the behavior back to the 2.0.5a behavior where read-only smb.conf
permissions give access to globals, shares and printers, but without delete
or commit changes buttons.

Like I say, I don't know if this change was a security beef-up or if it's a
bug. I reproduced this with 2.0.6 stable, on almost stock (recompiled
kernel from RH6.0 source) Red Hat 6.

Thanks

Steve Litt

At 07:26 PM 11/17/1999 +1100, Giulio Orsero wrote:
>This is the list of problems I had with samba-2.0.6 so far. Can anyone
>tell me if he can reproduce them and if he considers them as problems?
>
>2.0.6 on linux 2.2.13 or 2.0.33
[clip]
giulioo at tiscalinet.it