[smbfs] Timing problems with kernel 2.2.x?

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Tue Nov 16 18:58:40 GMT 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > I had the same problem with my nightly backup (smbmount win9x and copy
> > stuff onto linux), I had to add a "sleep x" between smbmount and "cd" to
> > the smbmounted dir.
>
> this turned out to be a bug in mount, not smbmount.
>
> I have sent a patch to the mount maintainer. A new version should be
> done shortly.

Actually, I think it is already out.
  (http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9911.1/1221.html)

Get the source from:
ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/

I have not yet tested this myself however ...

Btw, Tridge, I checked Documentation/Changes in the kernel source for the
adress to util-linux, and I noticed this (in 2.3.28).

SMBfs
=====

The 2.0.0 release of Samba:
ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-2.0.0.tar.gz

Maybe that should be changed to 2.0.6 now? Also the previous entry on
SMBfs that talks about some scripts that were useful with samba < 2.0.5
looks like it needs updating.
(Sorry, no patch this time :)

/Urban