SAMBA for OS/390 from W95 client gives 'no such file ...'

H.Metske at rf.rabobank.nl H.Metske at rf.rabobank.nl
Thu Nov 11 08:54:01 GMT 1999

Hi all,

We just got Samba for OS/390 up and running and it works fine.
But we get a problem for some W95  PC's  when they try to establish a network
connection, the debuglevel 10 shows the following messages :
lp_file_list_changed()
file /etc/smb.conf -> /etc/smb.conf  last mod_time: Wed Nov 10 08:39:10 1999

Scanning username map /etc/local/smb.usermap
Mapped user westenengj to WESTENE
Mapped user westenengj to WESTENE
11/10/1999 13:25:46 error packet at line 612 cmd=115 (SMBsesssetupX)
eclass=2 ecode=2
error string = EDC5129I No such file or directory.
....  and the session is not established.

When the same user tries to connect from another W95 PC with the same
windows userid, or with smbclient on Linux, the session can succesfully be
established.
We have no idea where this "EDC5129I No such file or directory." comes from,
it looks like the particular W95 machine tries to find/cd to a specific directory ?

Does anyone have a clue ?

Harry Metske
Rabobank
Holland