Authentication on Linux6.0 that running samba-2.0.3

Tran.Thach.Tung at QUANTIC.AC.VN Tran.Thach.Tung at QUANTIC.AC.VN
Mon Nov 8 04:24:57 GMT 1999

Hello all,
	Thank for your answer very much, I was man page for the smbpasswd
file but I can't create smbpasswd exactly. Could you help me create
it. Below is my configuration.
[global]
   workgroup = QUANTIC
   server string = Samba Server
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
   update encrypted = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   os level = 33
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes
   default case = lower
   case sensitive = yes

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

# This one is useful for people to share files
[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = no
   public = yes

[Doc]
   comment = Documents
   path = /usr/doc
   read only = yes
   public = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people
in
# the "staff" group
[public]
   comment = Public Stuff