Quick question ... CRLF->LF ...

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Fri Nov 5 16:36:19 GMT 1999

On 5 Nov 99, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy at hub.org> had questions
about Quick question ... CRLF->LF ...:

> Awhile back, going through the Samba web pages, I *swore* I
> found a link to a simple Win-App that allowed you to drag-drop a
> file over it and it strip'd the CR's out...ow I can't seem to
> find it...
>
> Anyone know what I'm talking about, an dknow where I can find it?

The blurb is(was) in Hints.txt:

> HINT: Convert between unix and dos text formats
>
> Jim barry has written an excellent drag-and-drop cr/lf converter
> for windows. Just drag your file onto the icon and it converts
> the file.
>
> Get it from
> ftp://samba.org/pub/samba/contributed/fixcrlf.zip

I grabbed a copy a while back, but it didn't seem to do anything.
I asked for the source so I could fool around with it, but never
got a reply.  If you just have a few files, any good text editor
should do the trick (eg, PFE, SlickEdit, emacs, etc).
Alternatively, you could use Awk, sed, perl, etc to process large
numbers of files.

I've thought about doing my own version of the above win32 app, but
I'm still teaching myself Ada, OOP, etc.

Hope this helps, Steve

Stephen L. Arnold                        Senior Systems Engineer
ENSCO Inc.                        email:  arnold.steve at ensco.com
P.O. Box 5488                         www:  http://www.ensco.com
Vandenberg AFB, CA  93437                    voice: 805.606.8838
                                               fax: 805.734.4779
#include <std_disclaimer.h>