smbmount prob on 2.0.6pre3

Bill Eldridge bill at hk.rfa.org
Wed Nov 3 13:56:07 GMT 1999

> As Andrew is a little busy right now I've made a Samba 2.0.6pre3
> snapshot available at :
> RedHat 6.1 Intel RPM
> --------------------
> ftp.samba.org:/pub/samba/alpha/samba-2.0.6pre3-19991102.i386.rpm
>
> Please test them out and feed back bugs/comments to
> the lists.
>         Jeremy Allison,
>         Samba Team.

I keep getting errors like this:

khiva# /usr/sbin/smbmount //cna/rxcna /home/httpd/html/cna/rxcna -o
guest,ro smbmnt failed
mount.smb: ioctl failed, res=-1
Could not umount /data/httpd/html/cna/rxcna: Invalid argument

[root at khiva samba]# /usr/sbin/smbmount //khiva/bill /root/testsam -o
username=bill
Password:
smbmnt failed
mount.smb: ioctl failed, res=-1
Could not umount /root/testsam: Invalid argument

Tried with user=... options, etc., no luck, used both the rpm and
compiled from .srpm.  Tried grabbing a share from another machine,
nope.  Worked okay with 2.0.6pre2
(which I'll switch back to tonight).

No revealing messages in /var/log/messages, /var/log/samba/*

Note that neither directory was previously mounted, so "Could not
umount..."
is a bit strange.

Bill

--