Does samba work with clearcase (unix vobs --> nt clients)?

Frank R. Brown list.Frank at MailAndNews.com
Wed Nov 3 12:11:01 GMT 1999

I'm hoping this turns into another case of 'knowing it works
makes it happen.'

I am involved with a unix clearcase installation which now needs
to work with nt.  We have clearcase 3.2.1 running on both
the unix and nt side.  Because we have checkin/checkout
triggers hooked to some unix-side stuff, we need the unix
views to be accessible from nt.

Does anyone have direct experience (success or failure) using
samba to export both the relevant vob-server and view-server
stuff from unix to nt?

(I know rational's (clearcase's) party line is that samba 'doesn't
work', or when pressed, is merely 'not supported', but I'm looking
for the facts, rather than the vendor's party line.)

Does anyone have samba and clearcase working great?
Conversely, has anyone tried to get it working, but hit a
major roadblock?

Thanks for sharing your experience with this.

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown at MailAndNews