authentification timeout ?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri May 28 12:48:17 GMT 1999

EFT.Eric Devolder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if with the SMB protocol with
> NT authentification, there is a timeout for accessing files.
> I mean, does the client have to authenticate each time it
> access a file, or is there a session opened, and in
> this case does it exists a way ro renew the
> authentification (in a similar way than DHCP renews
> the leases ) ?

Eric,

The following article contains a description of the step
when setting up an SMB connection.  It should help answer
some of your questions.

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1998-10/lw-10-thereandback.html

Cheers,
jerry