DOMAIN HoTo?

Yuri Chumak toko at tlc.kherson.ua
Fri May 28 09:46:21 GMT 1999

  I am an try to connect several computers in
the local network, where Linux-machine executes
a role of file server, using package Samba.
  I has execute all adjusting a file smb.conf, described
in the file SMB-HOWTO and book "The Linux Network"
(Fred Butzen and Christopher Hilton). As A Result, I can see
Linux-machine in the file "Network neihborghoodt", can
attach into available directories, write and delete
files in network directories - all bes indicative of that, adjustment
are executed correctly.
  However, I nowhere has found descriptions, how to execute an adjusting
a server, to was a possibility to describe a name of network directories to
names of local resources. I.e. necessary purpose description of network
directories depending on the network name, under which is
produce input in the network.

This my file smb.conf
[global]
   netbios name = SAMBA
   encrypt passwords = no
   update encrypted = yes
   unix password sync = True
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat debug = True
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/smbpasswd

   workgroup = SAMBA
   server string = Samba Server (%v)
   load printers = yes
   guest account = pcguest