SAMBA AND PRINTING

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu May 27 12:50:48 GMT 1999

Nuno Miguel Neves wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm sharing printers over samba, and I would like to know if there is a
> way for a samba server to behave like a Windows Server, that is, when I
> install a remote printer, it installs the respective drivers. When I
> connect to a samba printer, it tells me that the server has no suitable
> NULL printer drivers.
> Is there a way to configure samba to do that?

See the info on the printers.def file.  Works for Win9x.
The code to work with NT has been checked into the HEAD branch
but not documented yet.  It should be released in the 2.1
distribution (whenever we get that out).

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )