Changing Windows passwords

Paul L. Lussier plussier at baynetworks.com
Wed May 26 19:41:33 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:53:13 CDT
"Gerald W. Carter" said:

>This is fixed in the HEAD branch (pre-release code).  Not
>distributed except via CVS.  See the NT Domain FAQ for
>info about the PDC support.

Hmmm, I updated my source tree according to the directions in the NTDOM FAQ,
reconfigured, recompiled, re-installed, and then ran testparm on my smb.conf
file again, and still ended up getting:

	ERROR: the 'passwd chat' script [...]  expects to use the old
	plaintext password via the %o substitution. With encrypted
	passwords this is not possible.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh? :)