Win 95 and attributes

Harper, Ian (IDH) ian.harper at vaisala.com
Wed May 26 07:51:30 GMT 1999

We have a Linux server running Samba and various clients running Win95
and Win98, I am having a problem determinig how best to set up the
create masks, I want to set up a share so that anyone can read/write the
files, however people in other departments can only read them, this bit
I have acheived with a write list, now I need to go one bit further, I
need any user to be able to select a file and to be able to change the
attributes (from Win95) to read-only.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I can best acheive this.

Many thanks in advance

Ian Harper
Internal Support Engineer
Vaisala Ltd