samba 1.9 -> 2.0.3 and suse 6.1

Samy Elashmawy samelash at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 25 09:35:56 GMT 1999

Hi folks,

I am realy stuped here. I installes (clean reformat) 6.1 on the server and
instaled the samba package.
Now things no longer work.

1/ printing from the samba server (setup via yast/network/configure printer
via samba) no longer works

2/ Nothing comes up in the windows network nieborhood browser thing ma jig

	I have checked that pasword are plian text so this is not the problem

3/ the only way the samba server can see the other shareed windows
deviceies is via
   smbclient -L winserver -B 10.20.30.3 ect..

    smbclient -L winserver give a failer "coinection to winserver failed"

any ideas

I have browsable in each shared directry enty in smb.conf

Thanks

Samy