User Mode Problem in 2.0.2

Matt Chapman matty at samba.org
Tue May 25 01:40:16 GMT 1999

Viral Shah wrote:

> In Windows (Win 95 cilent), when I set up the access control as "user
> mode", and try to "ADD" a list of users to a particular share, I get the
> message, "You cannot view the list of users at this time. Please try
> again later." I am using Samba 2.0.2. Is user mode functionality
> available in this version? If so how do I select a list of users for a
> particular share from the Win9x box? If not, is there another version of
> Samba such that I can use to achieve this functionality?

This will not work in the Samba 2.0 series, only in the latest CVS
code.

Cheers,

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

"I have a dream... that one day, my three little children will be
judged not on the quality of their character, but on the content of
their code..."