help!

kexuec at online.sh.cn kexuec at online.sh.cn
Mon May 24 12:42:28 GMT 1999

Hi,
I am a Linux fan from China. I installed Red Hat 5.1 on my Pentium MMX 200 computer these days. I
encountered a fatal mistake when I use samba to share my Linux source with windows 95. I checked
the available manual, but I cannot overcame the error. The error message reported by the Linux
box when I run the shell command " smbclient -L myhost" is as follow:
**************
load_client_codepage: filename /etc/codepages/codepage.850 does not exist
added internet address ....
Session requesti failed (0,0) with...
Unspecified error 0X0
Your server software is being unfriendly.

Would you tell me the role of the codepages ? How to get them?

Thank you for your attention. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely Yours
Mao Wentao