Samba performance question

Ralf Nagel ralfn at bonn-online.com
Fri May 21 20:56:19 GMT 1999

Ralf Nagel schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I am running a samba server (2.0.3) in a small eth-based home network.
> There is only one win client (NT workstation, Sp4).
> The samba box ist set up with wins support enabled and the NT box´
> wins server entry points to samba server. Everything works fine: no
> error messages neither server nor client. The server shows up
> immediately in the NT´s network neigborhood. Browsing is fast.
>
> !!But for example copying a file of 32 Megs takes 50 minutes!!

>(...)

Hello again,

the problem is solved!
I tracked it down to a corrupted TCP-stack on the NT-box (thanks
David). After reinstalling the complete TCP-section on the NT-
box everything works perfectly now. It is really fast!
So, do not always think it´s the unix/samba combo that is broken
or misconfigured...

Regards...Ralf