SMBSH

christian crr at freemail.com.br
Fri May 21 15:52:47 GMT 1999

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Sami Cokar wrote:

> Hello,
>    how do you use smbsh?  I have not found any dox on it other than how to
> compile it.  any help would be appreciated.  Thanx.

SMBSH is really neat. After you compile and install it (./configure
--enable-smbwrapper ; make ; make install does it) you simply run it -
it'll give you a login/pw and your usual shell prompt. You then can access
the /smb directory - it's a special point where your 'network
neighborhood' (if I may ;) is mounted. You'll see your smb shares there
(windows and other samba boxes) and authentication will be done against
the login/pw you specified before.

SMBSH actually creates a whole 'virtual filesystem' of smb server and
their shares. Just do a bit of 'cd'ing around /smb and you'll figure it
out.

cheers
cr