Optimizing Linux with Samba

Nicholas Waltham nick at wwf.org.co
Fri May 21 15:10:01 GMT 1999

Hello,
 We are reading a lot in the press about which is better, NT or Linux, and I
am not going to start a thread about that! However, one of the issues that
does seem to be repeated, is that both operating systems and software need
to be 'tuned' to get the best possible results. Furthermore, you need to be
an expert, with considerable experience to know what to do. I am running a
Linux server with Kernel 2.2.9 and Samba 2.0.4b and I would like to know
what things I can do to 'tune' it to make the performance the best possible.
I would be greatful if you could share your experience and tips with me and
the list.

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas Waltham